1/3 Photos of Chicken Marsala Pot Pie
This recipe is easy to make with leftover store bought rotisserie chicken, ready-made 2 refrigerated pie crusts for 2 (9 in) pies, frozen steamer mixed vegetables, 1 can of chicken broth along with few more items. Adding Marsala wine and garlic to the mixture really improves the taste of classic chicken pot pie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup yukon gold potato, diced 1/2 inch
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup broccoli, diced 1/2 inch (including stems)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded and roughly cut
- 2 tablespoons marsala wine
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- pepper, to taste
- 2 (15 ounce) packages refrigerated pie crusts, thawed as directed on box
- 1Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- 2In a saucepan or deep skillet place potatoes and enough water to cover the potatoes by 1 inch and boil for 5 minutes on medium heat. Remove and place the potatoes in a colander.
- 3In a deep skillet add olive oil, onion and garlic on medium heat. Cook for 2 minutes. Add broccoli and cook another 2 minutes.
- 4Add flour to the skillet and mix well. Cook for about 1 minute. Flour will adhere to the vegetables.
- 5Add milk, chicken broth, potatoes, chicken, frozen vegetables, Marsala wine, salt, and pepper. Cook on medium low heat for about 10 minutes until mixture thicken a bit. Do not overcook.
- 6Soon the mixture to the crust lined pie pan (deeper ones work the best). Place the top pie crust, seal edge and flute. Cut 6-8 slits decoratively all around. Cover the edge with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning the first 20 minutes in the oven.
- 7Bake 20 minutes and remove the aluminum foil. Continue to bake for additional 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Marsala Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (2670 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 6052.6
- Calories from Fat 2811
- Total Fat 312.4 g
- Saturated Fat 93.6 g
- Cholesterol 227.0 mg
- Sodium 6715.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 626.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 52.8 g
- Sugars 44.1 g
- Protein 163.2 g