Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Sweet and Creamy Marsala sauce with mushrooms and onions over tender sautéed chicken breast.
Make and share this Chicken Marsala (Pollo Marsala) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 chicken breast, butterflied
- flour, to coat chicken
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon diced red onion
- 3⁄4 cup sweet marsala wine
- 3 tablespoons knorr's demi-glace (prepared)
- heavy cream (maybe 1/6 cup)
- Add oil to sauté pan and put on medium heat.
- Salt and flour chicken breast, pat off excess flour.
- When oil is hot, sauté chicken breast until browned on both sides, remove breast.
- Leaving oil in pan, add mushrooms and onions, and a pinch of salt and pepper. sauté.
- When mushrooms and onions are sauteed add marsala, demi glace, and cream, and another pinch of salt.
- Reduce until bubbles start to slow and sauce thickens, add chicken breast for one minute and turn off heat, flip the chicken breast in the sauce and serve when ready, pour sauce over chicken breast.
I would just like to mention I don't use cream but I do use the often overlooked demi-glace. This is a key ingrident. I guess people think it's to hard to find and omit it. The addition of demi gives this dish body and depth. Knorr makes excellent products and there are other products on the market. Search the web. Seek and ye shall be rewarded in this and many other dishes. Way to go Italian Cook (you get it) This was a VEAL dish before it was a chicken dish. Veal-----Veal Demi, it works.
This was a GREAT Dinner I used a little less Wine then suggested. And I didn't use Demi-glace. I used Half and Half for the heavy wipped cream but it was excellent!