- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- dried oregano, to taste
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup marsala wine
Directions See How It's Made
- POUND chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap until about 1/4-inch thickness.
- COMBINE flour, salt, pepper and oregano in a mixing bowl. Dredge chicken pieces in the flour, shaking off any excess.
- HEAT oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken breast on medium heat for about 2 minutes on the first side, until lightly browned. Turn breasts over to cook the other side, then add mushrooms. Add Marsala wine around chicken pieces (CAUTION: a small flame will appear upon adding).
- COVER and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- TRANSFER to a serving plate.