Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe on another website and wanted to put it here for safekeeping. I made it tonight for my husband and he loved it - said it was the best Marsala I have made. It's not the traditional kind, but it is really easy and really tasty!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄3 cup marsala wine
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix the bread crumbs, cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Dredge the chicken pieces one at a time, ensuring they are covered in crumb mixture.
- Place the chicken in a shallow baking dish with the oil and water.
- Shake any remaining bread crumbs over chicken.
- Drizzle the melted butter or margarine over the top of the chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Add Marsala, cover with foil and continue to bake at 325 degrees for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve over mashed potatoes with a salad!