Recipe by sexymommalucas
Chicken Marsala like Carrabba's. Sautéed chicken in a savory sauce of mushrooms, prosciutto, shallots, garlic and marsala wine. Taken from recipes.robbiehaf.com.
- 680.38 g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6.16 ml salt
- 4.92 ml ground black pepper
- 2.46 ml dried oregano
- 2.46 ml dried thyme
- 2.46 ml dried parsley
- 1.23 ml dried marjoram
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- olive oil, as needed
- 78.07 ml real butter
- 1 slice prosciutto, diced
- 9.85 ml minced shallots
- 9.85 ml minced garlic
- 59.14 ml marsala wine
- 226.79 g cans sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 9.85 ml cornstarch
- 236.59 ml cold chicken broth
- 4.92 ml minced fresh parsley
- 29.58 ml heavy whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound chicken breasts with the flat side of a meat mallet or the bottom of a glass until thin.
- Either in a mortar or on a small plate, combine first 7 ingredients. Grind together ingredients with a pestle or the bottom of a glass.
- Coat chicken lightly with olive oil. Use spice mixture to coat chicken evenly; place in the refrigerator until needed.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add prosciutto, shallots, and garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add Marsala to pan and simmer for 30 seconds. Add mushrooms and black pepper and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium.
- Dissolve corn starch in chicken broth, then add to saucepan. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add parsley and cream to saucepan and simmer for 3 - 4 minutes, or until thick. Remove from heat and cover until needed.
- Grill coated chicken over a medium flame for 5 - 7 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Place grilled chicken on individual serving plate and spoon sauce over chicken.