Prep 1 hr
Cook 25 mins
Chicken Marsala like Carrabba's. Sautéed chicken in a savory sauce of mushrooms, prosciutto, shallots, garlic and marsala wine. Taken from recipes.robbiehaf.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- olive oil, as needed
- 1⁄3 cup real butter
- 1 slice prosciutto, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup marsala wine
- 8 ounces cans sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup cold chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Pound chicken breasts with the flat side of a meat mallet or the bottom of a glass until thin.
- Either in a mortar or on a small plate, combine first 7 ingredients. Grind together ingredients with a pestle or the bottom of a glass.
- Coat chicken lightly with olive oil. Use spice mixture to coat chicken evenly; place in the refrigerator until needed.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add prosciutto, shallots, and garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add Marsala to pan and simmer for 30 seconds. Add mushrooms and black pepper and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium.
- Dissolve corn starch in chicken broth, then add to saucepan. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add parsley and cream to saucepan and simmer for 3 - 4 minutes, or until thick. Remove from heat and cover until needed.
- Grill coated chicken over a medium flame for 5 - 7 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Place grilled chicken on individual serving plate and spoon sauce over chicken.
Another Awesome! I had this at Carrabba's a few years ago and from what I can remember, this tastes just like it. So yummy. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Cookbook Tag.
This recipe is AWESOME! Also great if steak substituted for chicken breasts. Serve with garlic mashed potatoes and sauteed spinach for a #1 meal