This looks harder then it is, the taste is amazing and DH loved it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat water for the angel hair spaghetti if that's what you will be having with this meal.
- 2You want the water ready for the angel hair at a certain point in the chicken preparation.
- 3Timing will be important to have everything come together correctly.
- 4Prepare the chicken breast(s).
- 5What you want are chicken pieces that are about a quarter inch thick.
- 6You can pound a breast down to that thickness if you wish.
- 7I prefer to use a partically thawed breast from the freezer and slice it to the proper thickness.
- 8This produces two or three slices from a typical large breast.
- 9It's easier to slice the breast if it's still partially frozen; it doesn't slide around as much.
- 10Mix the dry ingredients and coat the chicken pieces.
- 11Coat them well and completely.
- 12I find the natural juice in the chicken as it further defrosts is sufficient but you can use an egg wash if you need to or want to but be aware it will change the taste.
- 13Reserve some of the coating mix to later thicken the sauce.
- 14(You might want to reserve the mix before coating to avoid contamination by raw chicken juices even though you will be cooking.
- 15When the water is heated, mushrooms sliced, and chicken coated you can start.
- 16Using medium high heat in a large skillet fry the chicken pieces for two minutes until the first side is browned.
- 17You should not need more than two minutes for this.
- 18Turn the chicken pieces over.
- 19Directly add the mushroom slices around the sides of the chicken.
- 20Cook another two minutes.
- 21After the two minutes stir the mushrooms and then add the Marsala wine.
- 22Cover and turn the heat down.
- 23Simmer for ten minutes.
- 24When you've got the cover on put the angel hair in the spaghetti water to cook for eight to ten minutes depending on how "done" you like your pasta.
- 25After the ten minutes your pasta is done and the Chicken Marsala is ready to finish.
- 26Drain the pasta and set aside.
- 27Uncover the chicken and stack the chicken pieces up in one side of the skillet.
- 28Slowly add the reserved coating mix, stirring constantly.
- 29This is to thicken the sauce.
- 30Add the amount you need to thicken the sauce to the degree you want.
- 31Stir constantly to minimize clumping.
- 32(Note: if you want to minimize clumping put the coating mix into a jar, add a bit of water, close and shake until a thick mixture results.
- 33Add this slowly to thicken the sauce.).
- 34Dish and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Marsala for Two
Serving Size: 1 (404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 720.3
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 90.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 101.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 44.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: