Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Yum!! Serve with a hunk of crusty bread and dinner is served!
Make and share this Chicken Marsala Fettuccine recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half (pounded evenly )
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup dry marsala wine
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minded
- 12 ounces whole wheat fettuccine, cooked per package directions
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves, chopped
- In shallow dish, combine flour, thyme and pepper.
- Coat chicken in flour mixture; reserve remaining flour mixture.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; cook until browned and internal temperature reaches 165*, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- In same skillet, add wine; stir to scrape browned bits from bottom of pan.
- Stir reserved flour mixture into broth.
- Add broth, mushrooms, onion and garlic; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender and sauce thickens, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Place pasta in large serving bowl; season with pepper.
- Thinly slice chicken.
- Add chicken, sauce, and spinach to pasta; toss until well combined.