Recipe by luv2luvya1000
Tasty chicken dish with Marsala wine and mushrooms. This dish was introduced to me at my favorite Italian restaurant and the owner finally gave me the "real" recipe after bugging him for so long :) Happy Eating!
Top Review by Just Cher
I was very excited upon finding this recipe and could hardly wait to try it. It sounded as though it would be bursting with flavor and although I marinaded the chicken 12 hours and followed the recipe as written we found the results to be very bland. It could be because there were no measurements given for the spices. I used a teaspoon of each but it evidently was not enough. I am rating it 3 stars as the chicken was very moist but the crust and sauce had little to no flavor. Sorry this did not work out for us.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bottle Italian salad dressing
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup marsala or 1⁄2 cup other white wine
- 1 lb sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- garlic powder
- italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate chicken in Italian dressing several hours or overnight.
- In large bowl or zip-lock bag, combine flour, pepper, garlic powder,Italian seasoning and paprika.
- Remove chicken from marinade and coat with flour mixture.
- In large non stick skillet, heat margarine and olive oil until hot.
- Brown chicken and transfer to baking dish and set aside for a few minutes.
- Deglaze same skillet with the wine and chicken stock and bring to hard boil.
- Add sliced mushrooms and cook for a few minutes.
- Pour over chicken and sprinkle with fresh, chopped parsley.
- Bake in 450 degrees oven for 15 minutes.
- Eat with your favorite pasta and ENJOY!