Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From The Great Big Burger Book
Make and share this Chicken Marsala Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 10 ounces white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup dry marsala, plus
- 2 tablespoons dry marsala
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon coarsely chopped black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 6 hamburger buns with sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, make a slurry by mixing the flour with ½ cup of broth; set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over med-high heat; add in the shallots and cook 1 minute or until translucent.
- Lower heat to medium; add in the mushrooms; stir to combine with the shallots.
- Add in ¼ cup of broth; continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add ¼ cup Marsala, the salt and pepper; continue to cook 10-15 minutes or until the liquid is reduced by about three-quarters.
- Stir in the parsley and slurry; transfer mixture to a medium bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons Marsala into the ground chicken using your hands.
- Form into 6 patties, 1-inch thick.
- Place the burgers, together with the remaining ¼ cup broth in the same skillet and cook over medium-low heat for 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Add the mushroom mixture to the skillet and continue to cook 5 minutes.
- Serve it up on toasted sesame seed bunds or thickly sliced Italian country bread; top it off with the mushroom mixture.