1 hr 10 mins
From The Great Big Burger Book
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 10 ounces white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dry marsala, plus
- 2 tablespoons dry marsala
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely chopped black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 6 hamburger buns with sesame seeds
- 1In a small bowl, make a slurry by mixing the flour with ½ cup of broth; set aside.
- 2Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over med-high heat; add in the shallots and cook 1 minute or until translucent.
- 3Lower heat to medium; add in the mushrooms; stir to combine with the shallots.
- 4Add in ¼ cup of broth; continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- 5Add ¼ cup Marsala, the salt and pepper; continue to cook 10-15 minutes or until the liquid is reduced by about three-quarters.
- 6Stir in the parsley and slurry; transfer mixture to a medium bowl.
- 7In a large mixing bowl, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons Marsala into the ground chicken using your hands.
- 8Form into 6 patties, 1-inch thick.
- 9Place the burgers, together with the remaining ¼ cup broth in the same skillet and cook over medium-low heat for 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 10Add the mushroom mixture to the skillet and continue to cook 5 minutes.
- 11Serve it up on toasted sesame seed bunds or thickly sliced Italian country bread; top it off with the mushroom mixture.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Marsala Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.7
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 105.9 mg
- Sodium 550.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 38.8 g