Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
From The Great Big Burger Book
Make and share this Chicken Marsala Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 10 ounces white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup dry marsala, plus
- 2 tablespoons dry marsala
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon coarsely chopped black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 6 hamburger buns with sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, make a slurry by mixing the flour with ½ cup of broth; set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over med-high heat; add in the shallots and cook 1 minute or until translucent.
- Lower heat to medium; add in the mushrooms; stir to combine with the shallots.
- Add in ¼ cup of broth; continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add ¼ cup Marsala, the salt and pepper; continue to cook 10-15 minutes or until the liquid is reduced by about three-quarters.
- Stir in the parsley and slurry; transfer mixture to a medium bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons Marsala into the ground chicken using your hands.
- Form into 6 patties, 1-inch thick.
- Place the burgers, together with the remaining ¼ cup broth in the same skillet and cook over medium-low heat for 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Add the mushroom mixture to the skillet and continue to cook 5 minutes.
- Serve it up on toasted sesame seed bunds or thickly sliced Italian country bread; top it off with the mushroom mixture.
These went over nicely with my family. After the first bite, my daughter exclaimed that it was good! The burgers were very moist. My husband didn't even seem to notice the mushrooms, so he must have enjoyed them (despite not liking mushrooms). I just used a soft white bun (regular). Thanks NurseDi. Roxygirl