Recipe by Jen Andrews
This recipe is a family favorite. It comes from my cousin's husband. Everyone request this recipe when he is around and it has been passed to everyone who eats it. He suggests using only Tones brand or Better than Boullion brand chicken base.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 lb fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine (the real stuff works best, not the cooking kind.)
- 2 teaspoons chicken base
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 1/4 stick of butter in skillet.
- Flour chicken and fry in butter until browned.
- Add Marsala Wine, mushrooms, remaining 1/4 stick of butter, and chicken base that has been diluted in boiling water (2 tsp. of chicken base and 1/2 c. water).
- Put pan in oven and cook at 350 for 1 hour, or until done.
- Thicken sauce if desired.
- Serve over a bed of linguine.