Recipe by Kathie O
A delicious dish served over fettuccini or linguini. Light enough and yummy enough, even kids enjoy this dish!
Top Review by lynda clark
Nothing I could say would express the words for this wonderfully delightul dish. It was absolutely FABULOUS!!! From the smell to the very first bite in my and my hubby's mouth was absolutely BREATH TAKING. I must say, that my hubby and I thoroughly enjoyed it, as did my 17 month old son. This is something I will be keeping in my TOP 10 Recipes for SPECIAL OCCASSIONS. Wonderfully excellent job on making and sharing this dish. KUDOS, to you!!!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, boneless, skinless
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour (for coating)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine
- 1⁄4 cup cream sherry
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound chicken breasts until flat and thin.
- Set aside.
- Mix together the flour, salt, pepper, and oregano in a pie pan.
- Melt oil and butter in a large skillet and bring to a low boil.
- Dredge chicken until thoroughly coated through the flour mixture, shake off excess and lightly brown in skillet about 2 minutes.
- Turn over chicken pieces and add mushrooms.
- Cook until lightly browned.
- Add wine and sherry.
- Cover skillet and simmer for 10 minutes, turning chicken pieces once.