Chaya Madre's Note:
I LOVE Chicken Marsala and never thought I'd be able to have it at home until I found this oh-so-easy recipe!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, about 2 1/4 lbs
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 2 large shallots, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 ounces assorted wild mushrooms (such as baby bellas, shitake, creminis or button mushrooms, sliced, about 4 cups)
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 3/4 cup dry marsala wine
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 11- In bowl combine 1/4 cup flour, 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning, 1/4 tsp salt and pepper; reserve.
- 2Place each chicken piece between 2 sheets of plastic wrap.
- 3With flat side of meat mallet or heavy can covered with foil pound each piece to 1/2" thickness.
- 4Coat both sides of each chicken piece with flour mixture.
- 52- In large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat melt 1 TBSP butter.
- 6Add 3 pieces chicken.
- 7Cook, turning once, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- 8Remove from skillet; reserve.
- 9Repeat with 1 TBSP butter and remaining chicken 3- In same skillet melt remaining butter.
- 10Add shallots, garlic, remaining seasoning and salt; cook until shallots are just softened, about 1 minute.
- 11Add mushrooms and tomatoes.
- 12Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are softened and browned, 3-4 minutes 4- Stir remaining flour into broth; reserve.
- 13To skillet add Marsala; cook 1 minute.
- 14Stir in reserved broth mixture.
- 15Increase heat to high; bring to boil.
- 16Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened and lightly coats back of spoon, about 1 minute.
- 175- Reduce heat to medium low.
- 18Add chicken, overlapping slightly as necessary.
- 19Cover, cook until chicken is no longer pink in centers, 10-12 minutes.
- 20Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- 21Drain; transfer to platter.
- 22Top pasta with chicken and mushroom mixture; Sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Marsala
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 489.5
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 136.6 mg
- Sodium 485.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 37.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth