Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I LOVE Chicken Marsala and never thought I'd be able to have it at home until I found this oh-so-easy recipe!!
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, about 2 1/4 lbs
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 2 large shallots, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 ounces assorted wild mushrooms (such as baby bellas, shitake, creminis or button mushrooms, sliced, about 4 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup dry marsala wine
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1- In bowl combine 1/4 cup flour, 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning, 1/4 tsp salt and pepper; reserve.
- Place each chicken piece between 2 sheets of plastic wrap.
- With flat side of meat mallet or heavy can covered with foil pound each piece to 1/2" thickness.
- Coat both sides of each chicken piece with flour mixture.
- 2- In large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat melt 1 TBSP butter.
- Add 3 pieces chicken.
- Cook, turning once, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove from skillet; reserve.
- Repeat with 1 TBSP butter and remaining chicken 3- In same skillet melt remaining butter.
- Add shallots, garlic, remaining seasoning and salt; cook until shallots are just softened, about 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and tomatoes.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are softened and browned, 3-4 minutes 4- Stir remaining flour into broth; reserve.
- To skillet add Marsala; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in reserved broth mixture.
- Increase heat to high; bring to boil.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened and lightly coats back of spoon, about 1 minute.
- 5- Reduce heat to medium low.
- Add chicken, overlapping slightly as necessary.
- Cover, cook until chicken is no longer pink in centers, 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain; transfer to platter.
- Top pasta with chicken and mushroom mixture; Sprinkle with parsley.