Recipe by Morti
I discovered this when I started eating low carb. I like to use a Merlot for the wine. I serve with fresh steamed green beans or a nice salad. It's very filling and the left overs are just as good in the microwave. I have served this to friends who were shocked to learn it was within their low carb eating diet. If your not concerned about carbs, it can be made with regular flour with the same results. This is a favorite at our house and I have guest that request I make it for entertaining.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 59.14 ml soy flour or 59.14 ml oat flour
- 29.58 ml butter, melted
- 473.18 ml fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 236.59 ml marsala, more to taste
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- sliced mozzarella cheese
- 14.79 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 59.14 ml red wine (I use Merlot)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dip chicken in egg, and dredge in flour.
- Brown chicken in butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Reserve drippings in skillet.
- Cook mushrooms in drippings in the skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until tender.
- Add chicken, Marsala, and remaining ingredients and top chicken pieces with the cheese.
- Cook until heated through and cheese is melted.