I discovered this when I started eating low carb. I like to use a Merlot for the wine. I serve with fresh steamed green beans or a nice salad. It's very filling and the left overs are just as good in the microwave. I have served this to friends who were shocked to learn it was within their low carb eating diet. If your not concerned about carbs, it can be made with regular flour with the same results. This is a favorite at our house and I have guest that request I make it for entertaining.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup soy flour or 1/4 cup oat flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup marsala, more to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup red wine (I use Merlot)
- 1Dip chicken in egg, and dredge in flour.
- 2Brown chicken in butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Remove chicken and set aside.
- 4Reserve drippings in skillet.
- 5Cook mushrooms in drippings in the skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until tender.
- 6Add chicken, Marsala, and remaining ingredients and top chicken pieces with the cheese.
- 7Cook until heated through and cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Marsala
Serving Size: 1 (550 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 697.1
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 218.1 mg
- Sodium 466.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 33.4 g