Prep 12 mins
Cook 3 mins
One of the best things to ever happen to a chicken breast. Definitely dinner party worthy. Recipe serves two and is great served over pasta or noodles.
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 (5 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 ounces white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup sweet marsala wine
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (juice of 1/2 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped,divided
- In a shallow dish, mix flour, salt and pepper; set aside; heat a skillet over medium-high heat until very hot; butterfly each chicken breast; dredge lightly in flour and set aside.
- Add oil to skillet and when hot, saute chicken until lightly browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side; set aside and keep warm.
- Add butter to the skillet and saute mushrooms 5-7 minutes, until golden and all released liquid has evaporated.
- Carefully add wine to skillet and stir, scraping browned bits up; add garlic, lemon juice, butter and 2 tsp parsley; cook until reduced and slightly thickened, about 2 minutes; adjust seasoning and pour over chicken; sprinkle with remaining parsley and serve immediately.
Love this recipe?so easy to make even midweek after working all day!!! I am reviewing this even BEFORE I sit down to eat with my family. Sugarpea, thanks for posting it!!
What a great recipe! Served it to some friends the other night and they loved it. I have made this dish twice and the last time I cut back on the lemon juice to just a tsp. Plus I added a touch of flour at the end to help lightly thicken the sauce. Other than that it was all original. The sauce has a wonderful flavor and it really comes together nicely with the chicken and mushrooms. This recipe is definitely on my A-list. Thanks for sharing!!
Loved it! Made as directed. Will be on the "frequent flyer" list.