Recipe by sugarpea
One of the best things to ever happen to a chicken breast. Definitely dinner party worthy. Recipe serves two and is great served over pasta or noodles.
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 (5 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 ounces white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup sweet marsala wine
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (juice of 1/2 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped,divided
Directions See How It's Made
- In a shallow dish, mix flour, salt and pepper; set aside; heat a skillet over medium-high heat until very hot; butterfly each chicken breast; dredge lightly in flour and set aside.
- Add oil to skillet and when hot, saute chicken until lightly browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side; set aside and keep warm.
- Add butter to the skillet and saute mushrooms 5-7 minutes, until golden and all released liquid has evaporated.
- Carefully add wine to skillet and stir, scraping browned bits up; add garlic, lemon juice, butter and 2 tsp parsley; cook until reduced and slightly thickened, about 2 minutes; adjust seasoning and pour over chicken; sprinkle with remaining parsley and serve immediately.