Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a quick, "two-pot" dish that is nice enough to serve to company. The marsala sauce goes well over wild rice, and keeps the chicken moist.
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- marsala wine
- 12 ounces sliced mushrooms
- Spray baking dish with non-stick spray of choice.
- Place breasts in dish and season liberally with salt, pepper and paprika.
- I sometimes also add italian herbs.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes.
- While chicken is baking, pour wine into saucepan and cook mushrooms and garlic in it.
- Pour over chicken, add a slice of lemon over each breast, and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve with wild rice.
Very tasty easy recipe to make! used 1/2 cup marsala wine added 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice as well as the slices and I may use a bit more wine next time. Lovely presentation with the mushrooms and lemon slices Thanks Deb1
My family really enjoyed this recipe. I used a cup of Marsala and it was so tasty! It's a very aromatic dish. And it was much easier than other chicken marsala recipes I've seen which call for flattening and breading the chicken. Thanks!
This dish is probably one of my family's favorites. I have always used it as an elegant dish, and it is not horribly hard to make. Side with green beans that are sprinkled with Penzy's Sandwich Sprinkle. The best ever!!