Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe came from Redbook's Wise Woman's Diet. It is a very simple recipe for Chicken Marsala. It doesn't include any mushrooms or anything fancy and it's been one of our family favorites for a long time.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour (I use a GF flour mix)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine
- Pound chicken breasts between two sheets of wax paper until 1/4" thick.
- Place flour and salt in a large zip top bag and shake to mix well.
- Add chicken breasts and shake to coat.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat being careful not to burn it.
- When butter is melted, add chicken and brown lightly on both sides, about 5 minutes each side.
- Add marsala wine and simmer for about five minutes.
Very tasty! I used thin-cut turkey cutlets instead of chicken, so didn't have to pound them out. Otherwise made as written. Had dinner on the table in 15 minutes! Great for after a busy work day. Made for Spring 2011 PAC game.