- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- dried oregano
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup marsala wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- POUND chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap until about 1/4" thickness.
- COMBINE flour, salt, pepper and oregano in a mixing bowl. Dredge chicken pieces in the flour, shaking off any excess.
- HEAT oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken breasts on medium heat for about 1-2 minutes on the first side, until lightly browned. Turn breasts over to cook other side, then add mushrooms to skillet. Cook breasts about 1-2 more minutes, until both sides are lightly browned. Continue to stir mushrooms. Add Marsala wine around chicken pieces.
- COVER and simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
- Add cornstarch to thicken sauce if necessary.
- TRANSFER to serving plate.