Recipe by Kimke
There are many, many different variations of chicken marsala. This has a tomato based sauce that has a wonderful flavor. We usually double to sauce because it is so good!
Top Review by Merlot
I have never had Chicken Marsala with tomato sauce in it (in fact, I had never heard of it). This turned out WONDERFUL!! The balance of incredients made for a wonderful full-flavored dish. Thank you so much Kimke, for sharing this. :-)
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast
- 226.79 g mushroom, sliced
- salt & pepper
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped (or more)
- 236.59 ml sweet marsala wine
- 118.29 ml tomato sauce
- 4.92 ml oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice chicken into thin pieces, dredge in flour, salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil on medium heat and saute garlic.
- Add chicken and quickly saute until brown, remove.
- Turn heat to high and deglaze pan with wine.
- Reduce heat to medium, cook 2-3 minutes to remove alcohol.
- Stir in tomato sauce and oregano, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add mushrooms.
- Cook 2-3 minutes until mixture bubbles.
- Return chicken to pan and cook for 4 minutes.
- Serve over buttered pasta.