Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
There are many, many different variations of chicken marsala. This has a tomato based sauce that has a wonderful flavor. We usually double to sauce because it is so good!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped (or more)
- 1 cup sweet marsala wine
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Slice chicken into thin pieces, dredge in flour, salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil on medium heat and saute garlic.
- Add chicken and quickly saute until brown, remove.
- Turn heat to high and deglaze pan with wine.
- Reduce heat to medium, cook 2-3 minutes to remove alcohol.
- Stir in tomato sauce and oregano, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add mushrooms.
- Cook 2-3 minutes until mixture bubbles.
- Return chicken to pan and cook for 4 minutes.
- Serve over buttered pasta.
I have never had Chicken Marsala with tomato sauce in it (in fact, I had never heard of it). This turned out WONDERFUL!! The balance of incredients made for a wonderful full-flavored dish. Thank you so much Kimke, for sharing this. :-)
Great recipe. I forgot the flour on accident but it still was wonderful. Will make again!
This recipe is definitely not for everyone although I could see why some adore it. For us, it just didn't have enough flavor or the right flavor. The mushrooms didn't have any flavor except wine which made them a little to strong. I was lucky enough to have a bottle of Marsala wine from Italy that my husband brought back so it wasn't the quality of the wine. I guess just not enough flavor. I also didn't like the idea of loading the sauce with salt and pepper. It did look nice to serve.