Recipe by MarthaStewartWanabe
This is one of my husband's favorite meals. The chicken is flavorful and moist with a lovely mushroom sauce. I have served it over rice or alongside mashed or roasted potatoes.
Top Review by Chef floWer
Very delicious! I made only one serving of this recipe (for me) and it was so easy and the directions were easy to follow. I did have problems producing the sauce so I had to add extra chicken stock. (I think my heat was too high) however overall, this was very yummy. Thank you MarthaStewartWanabe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (pounded to 1/2-inch thickness)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced (use baby portobello)
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cup marsala wine
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 tbs. oil in a large skillet at medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, marjoram, garlic powder and black pepper. Sprinkle flour mixture evenly over both sides of pounded chicken breasts.
- Brown both sides of chicken breasts in skillet, cooking for 2-3 minutes on each side. Once browned, remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tbs. oil to skillet and cook mushrooms and scallions for 6-8 minutes or until tender.
- Remove skillet from heat and add wine to pan, scraping up bits from bottom of pan and allowing some of the alcohol to cook off. Then add chicken broth to skillet.
- Return skillet to heat, reducing to medium-low. Return chicken to skillet, covering with part of mushroom/scallions.
- Simmer, covered, for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked and sauce has reduced, thickening to the texture of thin gravy.