1/1 Photo of Chicken Marsala
This is one of my husband's favorite meals. The chicken is flavorful and moist with a lovely mushroom sauce. I have served it over rice or alongside mashed or roasted potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (pounded to 1/2-inch thickness)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced (use baby portobello)
- 1/4 cup scallion, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup marsala wine
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1Heat 1 tbs. oil in a large skillet at medium-high heat.
- 2In a small bowl, combine flour, marjoram, garlic powder and black pepper. Sprinkle flour mixture evenly over both sides of pounded chicken breasts.
- 3Brown both sides of chicken breasts in skillet, cooking for 2-3 minutes on each side. Once browned, remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- 4Add remaining 1 tbs. oil to skillet and cook mushrooms and scallions for 6-8 minutes or until tender.
- 5Remove skillet from heat and add wine to pan, scraping up bits from bottom of pan and allowing some of the alcohol to cook off. Then add chicken broth to skillet.
- 6Return skillet to heat, reducing to medium-low. Return chicken to skillet, covering with part of mushroom/scallions.
- 7Simmer, covered, for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked and sauce has reduced, thickening to the texture of thin gravy.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Marsala
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 448.5
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 184.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 30.9 g