Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
yummy yummy chicken marsala. This is my favorite recipe. I have tried a lot of them and this is definitely the best. Give it a try. You won't be dissappointed.
- 2 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut up or whole)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup flour (for dredging)
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 -4 garlic cloves
- 8 ounces fresh button mushrooms or 8 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons marsala
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter (optional)
- Put flour in tupperware container(to make it easy) and add salt and pepper. Shake to mix.
- Add cut up or whole chicken breasts and shake to cover.
- Add 2T. olive oil to pan at med high heat and heat until rippling.
- Turn heat to Med.
- Add chicken and brown on all sides and be careful not to burn.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add 2T oil and add onions and mushrooms on med heat.
- Cook until onion is translucent.
- Then add garlic.
- Cook for 1 minute and then add chicken back to pan with broth and wine.
- Bring to boil and simmer until reduced 1/4.
- At the very end I add 2T. butter for a little more flavor and to add a shimmer to the sauce.
- Serve over rice or noodles.