Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Herbed chicken in a sweet Marsala and mushroom sauce; sounds simple, and it is--simply delicious.
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour, for coating
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (pounded 1/4 inch thick)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine
- 1⁄4 cup cooking sherry
- In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together the flour, salt, pepper and oregano.
- Coat chicken pieces in flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, melt butter in oil over medium heat. Place chicken in the pan, and lightly brown.
- Turn over chicken pieces, and add mushrooms. Pour in wine and sherry.
- Cover skillet; simmer chicken 10 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink and juices run clear.