Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a quick and easy stove top of an old favorite that is usually baked - cuts down on cleanup time as well
- 510.29 g boneless chicken breasts (2 large breasts)
- 236.59 ml Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4.92 ml dry oregano
- 1 egg, beaten with
- 44.37 ml water
- 236.59 ml diced onion
- 59.16 ml garlic (crushed)
- 473.18 ml sliced mushrooms
- 473.18 ml marsala wine (8 % alcohol or better)
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- Wash and pat dry your chicken breasts - cut into halves length wise and place inside of a plastic bag and with a meat mallet pound to 1/4" thickness.
- Prepare in a large bowl the egg and 3 tbsp water - whisking , in a plate add your bread crumbs and dried oregano - these will be your dredging points.
- In a large skillet heat 2 tsps olive oil add onions, garlic and mushrooms and cook till mushrooms have a golden brown appearance. Take out of skillet and set aside.
- Take chicken one piece at a time and dredge through the egg wash and then into the bread crumbs, Placing 1 tbsp of olive oil into skillet add your coated chicken breasts and brown both sides over medium high heat. Return Mushroom mixture back to skillet and add the marsala. Cover and cook over low heat for 30 minutes. Your chicken should be done and you should have a nice thickened gravy - serve over angel hair pasta and add some grated cheese if you like.
The chicken was nice and moist, but it was a little bland for my taste.
This was a wonderful meal and definately one I will make again. Followed the instructions completely and made for Junes Tag Game -- Romero y Oregano.
This was soo good I only wished I had made more for leftovers for the next day. Sorry but we are ot fond of mushrooms so I upt the onions. Still came out great. Looking forward to sharing this recipe with my family. They are going to love this dish~ 10 Stars!