Chicken breast sautéed in Marsala Cooking Wine with onions and mushrooms.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -6 chicken breasts
- 1 cup marsala wine
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (fresh is best)
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 3 -4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup oregano flakes
- 2 teaspoons rock salt
- 2 teaspoons finely ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup oil (that is used for frying such as canola oil, peanut oil, grapeseed oil)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 cups cooked spinach fettuccine
- 1Slice red onion and mushrooms and set aside.
- 2Pound chicken breasts into 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch thick with a meat tenderizer. (I prefer the pampered chef meat tenderizer).
- 3Prepare three coating trays for breading the the chicken by putting half each of the flour, oregano, rock salt and pepper in two of the trays. In the third tray crack your eggs and blend with a whisk until scrambled well.
- 4Dip the chicken breast pieces in the flour, then the egg and then the flour again. Place on plate.
- 5Heat all oil and butter in a large sauté pan. Heat on Medium heat until butter is melted.
- 6Take plate with all coated pieces of chicken breast and gingerly place chicken into oil/butter solution. Cook chicken for 2 minutes or until golden brown and then flip to other side for an additional two minutes.
- 7Add mushrooms and onion. Stir in with chicken and cook until slightly soft.
- 8Add Marsala cooking wine and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 9Serve over fettuccine noodles.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Marsala
Serving Size: 1 (430 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 692.1
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 187.9 mg
- Sodium 163.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 29.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: