Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Chicken breast sautéed in Marsala Cooking Wine with onions and mushrooms.
Make and share this Chicken Marsala recipe from Food.com.
- 4 -6 chicken breasts
- 1 cup marsala wine
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (fresh is best)
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 3 -4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup oregano flakes
- 2 teaspoons rock salt
- 2 teaspoons finely ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup oil (that is used for frying such as canola oil, peanut oil, grapeseed oil)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 cups cooked spinach fettuccine
- Slice red onion and mushrooms and set aside.
- Pound chicken breasts into 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch thick with a meat tenderizer. (I prefer the pampered chef meat tenderizer).
- Prepare three coating trays for breading the the chicken by putting half each of the flour, oregano, rock salt and pepper in two of the trays. In the third tray crack your eggs and blend with a whisk until scrambled well.
- Dip the chicken breast pieces in the flour, then the egg and then the flour again. Place on plate.
- Heat all oil and butter in a large sauté pan. Heat on Medium heat until butter is melted.
- Take plate with all coated pieces of chicken breast and gingerly place chicken into oil/butter solution. Cook chicken for 2 minutes or until golden brown and then flip to other side for an additional two minutes.
- Add mushrooms and onion. Stir in with chicken and cook until slightly soft.
- Add Marsala cooking wine and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve over fettuccine noodles.