Recipe by GREG IN SAN DIEGO
Use dry sherry if you can't find dry Marsala, but don't use sweet Marsala. Ever!
- 4 chicken drumsticks, about 1 pound
- 4 chicken thighs, about 1 pound
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small golden onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry marsala wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large frying pan, melt butter with oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken, in batches if necessary, and cook 5 minutes, turning, until lightly browned on all sides.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Drain off almost all fat.
- Add onion to pan and cook over medium heat 2 minutes, or until softened.
- Return chicken to pan, along with the marsala and the stock.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low,cover and simmer 25 -30 minutes, or until chicken is fork tender.
- Season with additional salt and fresh pepper.