Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a chicken marsala recipe that I altered a little bit. A definite favorite at my house and my son (5) LOVES it. Pair it with the strawberry spinach salad and roasted potatoes for a perfect dinner to impress!
- 4 -6 small tenderized chicken breasts or 8 -10 chicken tenders
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (add more if need more)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 cups marsala wine
- 3⁄4-1 cup cooking sherry
- 12 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms (add as many as you like)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- pound chicken with tenderizing mallett.
- combine flour and pepper (i like a little garlic powder in mine).
- toss tenderized chicken in flour mixture and lightly coat.
- while tossing chicken, heat a large deep skillet with olive oil on med high to high heat (an electric skillet works great).
- brown your chicken. about 2 1/2 -3 min on each side. (it may only look partially brown) make sure it is cooked through.
- add marsala wine, sherry, garlic, and sliced mushrooms. (you can use cooking wine and canned mushroom, but to get the full flavor, I recommend using pure marsala wine and fresh shrooms).
- turn heat down to med. and let simmer for about 10 minute
- check and flip chicken to make sure its evenly distributed.
- it should be thickening. If it doesn't add a tsp of cornstarch with water in a shot glass, stir and add to wine sauce. wait 5 minute.
- repeat if necessary.
- sauce should be thick enough to almost be considered a thin gravy.
- serve with rice or potatoes.