Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick, delicious main course that can be served for family or company.
- 2 lbs thin chicken cutlets
- butter or oil (for sauteeing)
- 10 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Saute cutlets in butter or oil until browned and cooked through.
- Remove from pan.
- Add butter to pan and add mushrooms.
- Saute until slightly browned.
- Add chicken broth and wine.
- In a separate cup, mix water and cornstarch; add to pan.
- Bring to a boil and stir until thickened.
- Pour over chicken.
- Serve with rice or noodles.
Very tasty, easy to make. I sauted the breast in EV Olive Oil instead of butter. I threw in a handful of fresh broccoli about halfway into the cooking time. That was my only adaptation. I served it over noodles.
This dish was INCREDIBLY good!! My entire family loved it, and there was nothing left when they were done! I made it exactly like the recipe states, without variation. I wouldn't change a thing!
My husband is a huge marsala fan and loved this recipe. Thanks, I will definitely make again!