Recipe by Mims & Squims
This was my first attempt at Chicken Marsala, a dish I wasn't even sure I'd like. Now I love it, and this bare-bones recipe gives me lots of room to get creative with extra seasonings & added ingredients. Plus, it's a low-fat version!
Top Review by eightball1751
Absolutely delicious! I used chicken thighs, which is my preferred cut. I also added lemon zest, one chopped shallot, and one chopped garlic clove. I put the chicken on paper towels to drain while I was cooking the sauce. I added 2 T butter when I returned the chicken to the dish, b/c I love the taste of butter. The dish looked amazing and tasted even better.
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine
- 1⁄2 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together pepper, salt, & flour. Coat chicken with seasoned flour.
- In large skillet, brown chicken breasts on both sides in oil. Remove from skillet, but leave any small bits of chicken stuck to pan.
- Add wine to skillet & stir until hot.
- Add juice from 1/2 lemon, broth, & mushrooms. Spread mushrooms out in single layer, reduce heat, & simmer 10-15 minutes until sauce is partially reduced.
- Return chicken to skillet & spoon over with sauce.
- Cover & cook for 5-10 minutes until chicken is done.
- Spoon sauce over chicken to coat & garnish with parsley.