Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I ran across this recipe on the back of a package of family style chicken breasts. I tried it last night. My 23 yr old son at first only tried a small plate full. After he finished it, he went back for more. He is usually a very picky eater. I have finally found something other then cold pizza leftovers that he actually likes.
- 4 thawed boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes, cut up
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄3 cup marsala wine
- 8 ounces cooked linguine
- In plastic bag, combine flour, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken; shake to coat.
- Heat oil over medium heat and add chicken.
- Cook until no longer pink in center.
- Remove and set chicken aside.
- In the same skillet add garlic and muchrooms; cook 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, wine and basil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve over hot linguine.