Recipe by *~Christine~*
This is very easy to make. Your dinner guests will think you've slaved over a hot stove all day :)
Top Review by Clifford Boren
Wonderful stuff! I added sliced green onions and lightly toasted slivered almonds to the sauce in the last stage of simmering. Next time, I think I'll add some capers too.
- 6 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced mushrooms
- 2⁄3 cup marsala wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay the chicken breasts between 2 pieces of waxed paper.
- Using a meat mallet or the flat side or a heavy knife, flatten each piece of chicken to a 1/8 inch thickness.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking.
- Add mushrooms and saute until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add chicken to skillet.
- Cook turning once, until no longer pink, about 6 minutes.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add wine to skillet.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Simmer until liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Stir parsley and pepper into skillet.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Serve immediately.
- Optional: serve over noodles or rice.