I hope that you'll all enjoy this delicious dish as much as my family and I do. Every other week someone is asking for it. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 10 ounces sliced mushrooms (baby portabellas are tasty!)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons margarine or 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup marsala wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/8 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1Wash and trim chicken breasts to prepare for the dish. Pound out each chicken breast between saran wrap to ¼ inch thickness. Slice chicken breast into strips or little chunks, whichever you prefer.
- 2In a bowl, mix together flour, salt, and pepper.
- 3Melt 3 tablespoons of your margarine in a large skillet over a medium-high heat. Coat chicken pieces with flour mixture and lightly brown in skillet. Turn after 2 minutes or so, ensuring both sides are lightly browned.
- 4Transfer the chicken to a shallow dish and it covers the dish tightly with plastic wrap so that no steam can escape. This will seal the moisture into the chicken.
- 5Add remaining margarine to the same skillet. When the margarine is melted, add garlic, thyme, marjoram, and sage. Add pre-washed sliced mushrooms to the skillet. Toss mushrooms so that they are coated evenly in the pan with the melted margarine and spice mixture. Cook until they are lightly browned, about 2-3 minutes.
- 6After the mushrooms are browned, return the chicken to the skillet. Add the marsala wine mixture. Bring to a light boil for 5-7 minutes to cook off some of the wine and ensure that your mushrooms and chicken soak some up. Yum!
- 7Add chopped parsley and chicken stock to the mixture. Bring to a light boil again. Then reduce to a medium–low heat to simmer the chicken until it is cooked through.
- 8Last but not least, I thicken my sauce a little at the end with cornstarch and water. Serve immediately. This dish is great over egg-noodles or my favorite, rice pilaf. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Marsala
Serving Size: 1 (419 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 528.1
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 76.4 mg
- Sodium 503.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 31.6 g