Recipe by Cookin' in MN
This is my family's favorite meal. It tastes "gourmet", although it's not hard to make!
- 1 (2 lb) package boneless skinless chicken breasts, thawed
- seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1⁄2 cup sweet marsala wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound chicken breasts in a plastic zip top bag or between plastic wrap until ¼ inch thick.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Roll chicken pieces in flour.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Fry in pan for about 5 minutes on each side until golden brown, turning once.
- Remove chicken and place on a large plate.
- Cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Saute the mushrooms and shallots in the same pan over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the Marsala wine in the pan, loosening browned bits from the bottom and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the chicken stock and cook for another few minutes; add butter.
- Place chicken pieces back into pan.
- Simmer for another 1-2 minutes until sauce is thickened.
- Serve over Linguine.