Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Very excellent recipe for chicken Marsala. The family loves it
- 3 -4 boneless chicken breasts
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup marsala wine
- 1 head roasted garlic
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Roasting Garlic-------------------.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the top of a whole bulb of garlic, place in a small cookie sheet or oven-capable pan.
- Pour a small amount of oil on top of the bulb and heat in oven for 30 minutes.
- When done, let cool- you should be able to just squeeze the cloves right out of the bulb.
- Cooking the Chicken Marsala----------------.
- Pat dry chicken and between cellophane or wax paper pound flat with a mallet- salt and pepper each breast.
- Dredge chicken in eggs and then flour.
- Place 2 tablespoons of oil in pan and fry chicken until brown on both sides.
- When done place chicken aside.
- Heat mushrooms and shallots until mushrooms are done and shallots turn transparent.
- Mix in the pan the wine, broth and roasted garlic.
- Place the chicken back in pan, bring to a boil and cover and simmer for 35 minutes, or until chicken is done.
- Mix the cornstarch and cold water, pour in pan until you reach desired thickness, garnish with parsley and serve with noodles or mash potatoes.
we loved it, so glad I bought the shallots and didnt cheap on with the onions, I forgot to buy broth so I used chicken bullion STILL came out great! MMMM sooo good! My kids even liked it (they didnt know there were mushrooms in it)!
Bursting with flavor! Great cooking instructions. The marsala sauce is perfect and goes well with the mash potatoes. I do the whole can of broth, 1 1/2 cup wine and double the veggies. Getting all 6 of us into something isn't easy. What you said is true, "the family loves it!" Thanks man!
YUMMMMMY! I cut the oil back to 3 TBSP, and used a little more wine, along with adding garlic. My company loved it.