Recipe by Michael Matta
Very excellent recipe for chicken Marsala. The family loves it
Top Review by Meaney
we loved it, so glad I bought the shallots and didnt cheap on with the onions, I forgot to buy broth so I used chicken bullion STILL came out great! MMMM sooo good! My kids even liked it (they didnt know there were mushrooms in it)!
- 3 -4 boneless chicken breasts
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup marsala wine
- 1 head roasted garlic
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Roasting Garlic-------------------.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the top of a whole bulb of garlic, place in a small cookie sheet or oven-capable pan.
- Pour a small amount of oil on top of the bulb and heat in oven for 30 minutes.
- When done, let cool- you should be able to just squeeze the cloves right out of the bulb.
- Cooking the Chicken Marsala----------------.
- Pat dry chicken and between cellophane or wax paper pound flat with a mallet- salt and pepper each breast.
- Dredge chicken in eggs and then flour.
- Place 2 tablespoons of oil in pan and fry chicken until brown on both sides.
- When done place chicken aside.
- Heat mushrooms and shallots until mushrooms are done and shallots turn transparent.
- Mix in the pan the wine, broth and roasted garlic.
- Place the chicken back in pan, bring to a boil and cover and simmer for 35 minutes, or until chicken is done.
- Mix the cornstarch and cold water, pour in pan until you reach desired thickness, garnish with parsley and serve with noodles or mash potatoes.