Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup Holland House marsala cooking wine
- Melt butter in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; cook 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken over; add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; simmer 15 to 20 minutes until juices run clear.
- Serve over cooked fettuccine, if desired.
Yep, it's a keeper! But I used marsala wine, because the cooking wines are FULL of sodium. The carrots are really a great component of the recipe. Thanks for posting.
This is the exact recipe I have been using (I think we may have found it in the same place). My family just loves it. It's a nice change of pace from the usual chicken standbys. I enjoy the lightness of the sauce and think it has great flavor! Thanks for posting.
Tasty, but not what I was expecting. My preferred method for Marsala is for the sauce to be thickened somewhat. I used some cornstarch and water to accomplish this after the carrots were sufficiently cooked. I believe that in the future, I will dredge the chicken in flour before browning which will provide the thickening.