Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My very own recipe.
- 4 -6 chicken breasts, pounded out
- 3⁄4 cup marsala wine
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth, if condensed add water
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- rice or egg noodles
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Mix flour with salt and pepper.
- Dredge chicken breasts in egg, then add to flour mixture.
- Heat butter and oil in pan over medium-medium high heat.
- Saute' chicken breasts a few minutes on each side. Do not cook all the way through.
- Take out chicken, add garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Then add the mushrooms and saute' until brown.
- Add marsala wine and deglaze the pan.
- Add beef broth and simmer for approximately 15 minutes.
- Add chicken back into th pan, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with either rice or egg noodles.
What a wonderful Chicken Marsala recipe. The dish went together quite easily, and everyone really enjoyed it. I served it over steaming hot white rice, but will try egg noodles the next time I make this. Yum!
Very good! I've made this many times, but just realized I've never rated this delicious chicken dish. I followed the recipe exactly and used egg noodles. A little cornstarch at the end will thicken up the sauce, if need be. I was able to get the marsala wine in the wine section of my grocery store, but had to look hard as they only carry 1 brand.