Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From a local source. The original recipe calls for the chicken to be grilled.
- 3 -4 lbs boneless skinless chicken (thighs, breasts, etc.)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 lime, zest of
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, chopped (NOT dried)
- 1⁄2 cup vodka
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- MARINADE: In a Ziploc-type bag, combine all the ingredients except for the chicken and mint leaves used for garnish.
- Stir the mixture then add the chicken parts.
- Shake bag gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight, turning a few times.
- Use a pair of tongs to place the chicken in an oiled 9x13-inch baking dish. *Discard* marinade.
- Bake at 350º for about 1 hour or until meat is browned on the outside and no longer pink in the middle.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter and garnish with the mint leaves.
- OPTIONAL GRILLING DIRECTIONS: Prepare the grill for indirect medium heat.
- Remove chicken parts from marinade; *discard* marinade.
- Place chicken on oiled or sprayed grate and grill until lightly browned and no longer pink in the center, about 1 hour.
- Turn chicken pieces several times while grilling.
- Serve as indicated in Step #6.