Recipe by SweetySJD
An Italian twist on an Asian classic. Low fat.
Top Review by punkarooni
I think that this recipe was great except for the eggplant. Mine was very spongy. I have never cooked eggplant, but I believe it needed to cook longer. Next time I will substitute with zucchini. Thanks for the recipe which is a great starting point for me.
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- hot cooked spaghetti
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain tomatoes, reserve juice, and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine cornstarch, tomato sauce, chicken broth, wine, seasonings and reserved juice. Stir until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken and garlic in hot oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In same skillet, stir-fry onion and pepper for 4 minutes. Add eggplant; stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir sauce; add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes, until thick.
- Add chicken and tomatoes; heat through.
- Serve over pasta. Top with parmesan cheese.