Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Another of my older copied recipes from who knows where but it still sounds tasty after all these years!
- 3 tablespoons mustard, good quality
- 1 1⁄2 cups olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- salt, to taste
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme, crushed
- 1 large bay leaf, crumpled
- 6 pieces chicken, on the bone with skin
- Beat mustard into olive oil, add the remaining ingredients, except chicken, and mix together well.
- Pour mixture over the pieces of chicken and marinate 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Broil 8-10 minutes per side, basting frequently at first.
- Cook until done and serve with wild rice or rice pilaf.