Prep 3 hrs
Cook 20 mins
This chicken dish with accompanyments is a favorite in my family as a special occasion dish; its festive but not too high in calories. To put the entire dish together, place some black bean sauce (Mexican Black Bean Sauce) on about half of the dinner plate, top it with the cooked chicken breast, serve with Tex-Mex spoon bread (Tex-Mex Spoon Bread (Low-Fat)) served in a tamale husk tied at one end, garnish with Pico de Gallo (Pico De Gallo). Serve with a Minty Lime cooler (Minty Lime Cooler (Or Mojito)); and for dessert serve Mexican Cinnamon Chocolate Cookies (Mexican Cinnamon Chocolate Cookies(Low Fat)) and coffee.
- 4 single chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a 7x11 glass dish.
- Remove the skin and fat from the chicken, place in the marinade and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Make the accompanyments while the chicken is marinating.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and place in a baking dish.
- season with salt and pepper, brush the flesh with marinade, sprinkle with parsley and pour into the pan 1/2 cup chicken broth and 1/2 cup marinade.
- Bake the chicken at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Turn setting to broil for about 5 minutes until top is browned.
- Serve with accompanyments.
In the words of my husband "it was killer"! very good I loved how much of the lime you could tast! thanks for posting.