Recipe by wicked cook 46
Times given are approximate. Haven't made this yet.
Top Review by lazyme
This was very good and was a very simple recipe to put together. I had some very large chicken breasts, so cooked them a little longer than called for. I served these with a side of pasta and think that thickening the sauce at the end with a little cornstarch slurry might be good so that the sauce would stick to the pasta a little more. Thanks wicked for a great quick and tasty dinner. Made for Photo Tag.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 12 ounces about 5 cups fresh white button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) canunsalted diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 2 teaspoons dry white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch oven or skillet, heat oil over high heat until hot. Add chicken; cook until brown on both sides, turning once, about 3 minutes for each side. Remove chicken from pot. Add mushrooms, onions and garlic. Cook and stir until mushrooms are golden, about 10 minutes. Return chicken to skillet. Stir in thyme and pepper. Add tomatoes with juice from can; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low; cover and simmer until chicken is tender, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over steamed rice, if desired.