Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
A delicious chicken dish made in one pot. Great served over rice. Found on a website for a local tv station.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 4 chicken thighs, skinless
- 3 cloves garlic, minced fine
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives or 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Combine flour and salt and pepper and dredge chicken in mixture.
- Brown chicken in olive oil on medium heat until golden.
- Remove chicken to a plate.
- In same pan, add garlic and onion.
- Stir until they start to wilt, then add mushrooms.
- Deglaze pan with wine, then add broth, tomatoes, bay leaves and pepper.
- Stir to combine well, then return chicken to pan.
- Bring to a boil, cover, lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes, basting occasionally with sauce in pan.
- Remove cover, add tomato paste, olives and parsley and simmer for 5 more minutes.
Very good. The only (small) changes I made were to add a dash of oregano to the flour-dredging mixture and sauce and to omit the tomato paste as I felt the sauce was tomatoe-y enough. Had this great pizza flavour! My boneless chicken thighs were perfectly cooked in 20 minutes, btw.