Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe posted by request.
- 9 lbs chicken, quartered (I'd just buy pieces)
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄3 cup cooking oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 (3 ounce) canssliced mushrooms, , drained or 1 lb fresh, sliced mushroom
- 4 (16 ounce) cans tomatoes
- 2 cups dry white wine
- Rub chicken with pepper.
- Dredge in flour and season with salt.
- Heat cooker, add oil and garlic.
- Brown chicken.
- Remove garlic.
- Add mushrooms, tomatoes and 1 cup wine.
- Close cover securely.
- Place pressure regulator on vent pipe and Cook 10 minutes at 15 pounds pressure.
- Let pressure drop of its own accord.
- Remove chicken from canner.
- Add remaining wine and simmer-thicken if desired.
I reduced this recipe to 4 servings (used the 'Zaar function). This was my first experience cooking 'with wine'. The last chickens we butchered just seemed no matter how young they were, they were still tough, so I was specificly looking for a recipe for chicken that I could do in the pressure cooker. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to use the rack for this recipe or not, but decided apparently not because the browning instructions indicated browning directly in the pressure cooker (less dishes to wash afterwards...cool). This turned out very well and DH told me it was delicious. He's taking the rest of it to work tomorrow in his lunch to eat cold. Thanks for sharing this recipe Diana!