1 hr 20 mins
William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
An exceptionally tasty chicken recipe. This was sent to me by my friend Mickie who loves to cook. This must be refrigerated and marinated overnight to achieve the flavor and moistness.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs fryer chickens
- 6 garlic cloves, pure'ed
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse pickling salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup pitted prunes
- 1/4 cup pitted green olives
- 1/2 cup canned capers, including some liquid
- 3 large bay leaves
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1Wash chicken in cold water, pat dry and cut into quarters.
- 2In a large bowl, combine garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, vinegar, olive oil, prunes, olives, capers, bay leaves and mix well. Add chicken quarters and coat well with marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight to marinate.
- 3NEXT DAY: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Arrange chicken in a single layer in a 9" x 13" oven proof casserole dish or a shallow baking pan.
- 4Spoon marinade evenly over chicken. Sprinkle chicken with brown sugar. Pour white wine into the dish, (NOT OVER THE CHICKEN).
- 5Bake in preheated 350F oven for 50 to 60 minutes, basting frequently with pan juices. Note: Chicken is done when thigh pieces are pricked with a fork at their thickest and no pink is showing.
- 6With a slotted spoon, transfer chicken, prunes, olives and capers to a serving platter. Moisten chicken with a few spoonfuls of pan juices. Sprinkle generously with finely chopped fresh parsley. Pour remainder of pan juices into a sauceboat and serve along with the chicken for those who desire more liquid.
- 7NOTES: The overnight marination is essential to the moistness of the finished product. The chicken improves over a couple days of refrigeration. It also travels well and makes excellent picnic fare. Also, you may make this recipe with small drumsticks. It makes delicious hor d'oeuvres. This recipe doubles very easily if serving large groups. Bake in a large roasting pan.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Marbella
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 818.0
- Calories from Fat 415
- Total Fat 46.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 249.7 mg
- Sodium 705.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 78.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: