Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another recipe from Southern Living, haven't tried it yet, sounds very good though. I like the idea of prunes and olives (my husband and I love picadillo with the raisins and olives...).
- 12 ounces pitted bite sized prunes
- 3 1⁄2 ounces capers
- 1⁄2 ounce dried oregano (1 bottle)
- 6 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup pimento stuffed olive
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 8 lbs chicken parts, of your choice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Combine first 10 ingredients in big zip-lock bag. Add chicken and marinate overnight.
- Arrange chicken in a single layer, pour over marinade and sprinkle evenly with brown sugar.
- Pour wine around chicken pieces.
- Bake at 350 50 min to 1 hour, basting occasionally.
- Remove chicken, olives, prunes and capers to a serving tray, sprinkle with parsley. Serve with pan juices.
this is a wonderful recipe I have been making since 1997! Our version has less brown sugar (1/4 cup) & uses 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar with 1/4 cup red wine vinegar. We also sometime throw in a handful of dried apricots & use whole unpitted prunes (harder to locate nowadays). Lovely rich delicous savory, sweet & slightly sour. Serve with simple rice & green salad _ this is a FANTASTIC recipe. Thanks for posting Codychop!