Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Succulent Chicken Dish best served with rice. This recipe is superb! When I was given this recipe, I would never have guessed there were pitted green olives and capers in this dish.
- 2 1⁄8 kg chicken thighs
- garlic, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup dry oregano
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup pitted prune
- 1⁄2 cup pitted green olives
- 1⁄2 cup capers, plus some juice
- 8 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white wine
- Place chicken in roasting dish for marinating.
- Combine remaining ingredients (except the brown sugar and white wine), and pour over chicken and leave for atleast 2 hours.
- Just before cooking, sprinkle with the brown sugar and white wine.
- Bake at 180'C for about 1 hour.
- Remove bayleaves and serve with saffron rice and a tossed green salad.