My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 packaged dry manicotti
- 1 (8 ounce) container soft cream cheese, with chives and onion (this is like the spreadable bagel cheese)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated romano cheese or 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 3 1/2 ounces jars roasted red sweet peppers, drained and sliced or 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- paprika, to taste
- 1Cook manicotti according to package directions and also cool manicotti shells according to package directions.
- 2Drain shells; rinse with cold water.
- 3Drain again.
- 4Meanwhile, for sauce, in small heavy saucepan melt cream cheese over medium-low heat, stirring constantly.
- 5Slowly add milk, stirring until smooth.
- 6Stir in romano or parmesan cheese.
- 7Remove from heat.
- 8For filling, in a medium mixing bowl stir together 3/4 cup of sauce, the chicken, broccoli, red sweet peppers or pimento and pepper.
- 9Using a small spoon, carefully fill each manicotti shell with about 1/3 cup of filling.
- 10Arrange the filled shells in a 3-quart rectangular baking dish.
- 11Pour the remaining sauce over shells.
- 12Sprinkle with paprika.
- 13Cover with foil.
- 14Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Manicotti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Manicotti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Manicotti With Chive Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.3
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 49.1 mg
- Sodium 189.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: