1/1 Photo of Chicken Mango Stir Fry
Tasty citrus flavored stir fry that really benefits from the mangos. This is based on a recipe that I found on the Internet a while ago, but I've modified it to suit my tastes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 large mango, sliced thin
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced thin
- 1 red pepper, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup green onion, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli (flowers and stems)
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, peeled minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- cornstarch (optional)
- 1Prepare all ingredients in advance: mince the ginger and garlic, slice the mango, green onions, red pepper, and chicken, and cut the broccoli into flowers and stems.
- 2Juice the lime, and combine the juice with the soy sauce, orange juice, and chili flakes.
- 3Steam the broccoli until just tender.
- 4Stir fry chicken in sesame oil until no longer pink in the center.
- 5Add the ginger and garlic, and stir fry for 1-2 more minutes.
- 6Add the red pepper, broccoli, and soy sauce mixture, and stir fry for about 3 minutes, until the pepper starts to soften.
- 7Add the mango and continue to stir fry until the mango is heated through.
- 8Stir in the green onions, and add some cornstarch to thicken the sauce, if desired.
- 9I like to serve this over brown rice or barley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Mango Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.2
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 1127.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 26.0 g
- Protein 33.6 g