Recipe by Girlymouth
A really colorful summery dish. Good for you too! Can eat it with or without the wrap.
Top Review by McKinley's Momma
We really enjoyed these wraps! Since my DH doesn't like ginger, I made up 2 bags of chicken to marinate. Also, I sliced the chicken into strips before marinating & cooking so that it would be even more flavourful. I really enjoyed my wraps, and DH LOVED his!! I have to agree with him, though, that it does taste a little better without the ginger. (Just our taste preferences, though).
This is a definite keeper ~ thanks for a wonderful new recipe!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 lime, juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- fresh ginger, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lime, juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup black beans (prepared)
- 1 cup brown rice (prepared)
- 2 cups cabbage, chopped
- 4 tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 2 chicken breasts, juice of half a lime, 2 crushed garlic cloves. 1 inch of fresh ginger sliced, pinch of salt, and 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil in a ziplock and let marinate for 2 hours.
- In the mean time to make the mango salsa, combine the diced mango, roma tomato, yellow bell pepper, chopped cilantro and red onion, sugar, salt, pepper and juice of 1/2 lime in a bowl and let set.
- Once the marinate is done, grill chicken until no longer pink in the middle. Let rest and then cut into slices. Place 1/4 cup of beans and 1/4 cup of rice on wrap. Add 1/2 chicken breast, sliced. Top that with a heaping spoonful of mango salsa and a spoonful of sour cream.