Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A really colorful summery dish. Good for you too! Can eat it with or without the wrap.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 lime, juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- fresh ginger, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lime, juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup black beans (prepared)
- 1 cup brown rice (prepared)
- 2 cups cabbage, chopped
- 4 tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- Place 2 chicken breasts, juice of half a lime, 2 crushed garlic cloves. 1 inch of fresh ginger sliced, pinch of salt, and 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil in a ziplock and let marinate for 2 hours.
- In the mean time to make the mango salsa, combine the diced mango, roma tomato, yellow bell pepper, chopped cilantro and red onion, sugar, salt, pepper and juice of 1/2 lime in a bowl and let set.
- Once the marinate is done, grill chicken until no longer pink in the middle. Let rest and then cut into slices. Place 1/4 cup of beans and 1/4 cup of rice on wrap. Add 1/2 chicken breast, sliced. Top that with a heaping spoonful of mango salsa and a spoonful of sour cream.
We really enjoyed these wraps! Since my DH doesn't like ginger, I made up 2 bags of chicken to marinate. Also, I sliced the chicken into strips before marinating & cooking so that it would be even more flavourful. I really enjoyed my wraps, and DH LOVED his!! I have to agree with him, though, that it does taste a little better without the ginger. (Just our taste preferences, though).
This is a definite keeper ~ thanks for a wonderful new recipe!